Application deadline: 15 March, 2013
The World Food Programme (WFP) in Nepal is seeking both technical and financial proposals from qualified national and international research institutions to carry out a baseline survey for the new country programme (2013-17), which will be implemented in food insecure districts in Far and Mid Western Nepal.
The main objective of the survey is to establish a baseline status on food security, disaster risk reduction and vulnerability at the household level nutrition status in the target population, and school enrolment and attendance rates in target areas.
What will be the role?
- determine benchmarks for target setting within each specific objective of the country programme, as per the indicators set out in the original log-frame;
- validate if the activities within the project design are sufficient in scale and scope, in order to meet these targets; and
- identify opportunities for the sustainability of project activities in the target areas.
Who are eligible to apply?
Eligible and interested national and international research institutions must :
- be legally registered in the country of origin with strong financial background
- have legal authority to conduct survey in Nepal
- have valid registration as well as Tax and VAT clearance certificates;
- have minimum of 5 years experience in carrying out baseline surveys, in the major development issues especially related to food security, agriculture, nutrition, infrastructure and education, at national and district levels.
The interested institutions can submit their proposals, both technical and financial in two different sealed envelopes marking “Technical Proposal: RFP for new country programme baseline survey” & “Financial Proposal: RFP for new country programme baseline survey” by 15 March, 2013 to the Address:
WFP Nepal, Country Office
Chakupat, Patan Dhoka Road
The T0R can be collected from 20-26 February 2013 between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm from WFP CO, Chakupat, Patan Dhoka Road or downloaded from
published in : kantipur daily 20th feb 2013
call for proposals 2013 food security +